Covid-19: Infection Control Measures
How Cornerstone Physiotherapy is keeping our staff and patients safe.
How Cornerstone Physiotherapy is
keeping our patients and staff safe.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority.
Cornerstone is committed to rigorous infection control to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while providing the rehabilitation services that our communities desperately need.
How Cornerstone Physiotherapy is Providing a Safe Clinical Environment
- We have reduced the number of patients that are booked into our therapists’ schedules and added blocked time between each appointment. This results in fewer people in the clinic and allows time between appointments for our staff to thoroughly disinfect their work-spaces.
- Intake forms are emailed to patients prior to the time of the appointment. Patients are asked to email back completed forms.
ENTRY / WAITING AREAS / RECEPTION
- Our patients are requested to come to their appointments unaccompanied unless medically necessary (e.g. severe dizziness, vision-impaired, minors, requires an interpreter etc.)
- Our waiting rooms have chairs spaced 2 metres apart and non-essential items such as magazine stands and phone chargers have been removed.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars, in the hallways outside of the clinic, or in building lobbies. They are called to enter the clinic when their therapist is ready.
- The front doors to clinics with entries inside of buildings, will remain propped open to minimize the touching of door handles.
- 6 foot plexi-glass barriers have been installed providing physical separation at the reception counters
NO CONTACT PAYMENTS
- Payments for appointments are contactless. We securely store payment information and our patients’ insurance billing information is received and sent digitally.
- Patients are informed that they will not be permitted to attend our clinic if they have had symptoms consistent with Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to the time of their appointment.
- Our patients are screened as they enter our clinic for symptoms consistent with Covid-19.
- Cornerstone staff members are required to stay home if they have symptoms consistent with Covid-19 and notify management immediately.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- All patients are required to wear face masks or comparable face covering (scarves, bandanas) to enter our clinics
- All Cornerstone staff members are required to wear face masks while working
- All patients are informed of our infection control procedures at the time they are booking their appointments.
- Prior to their first appointment at our clinic, patients will receive a call reminding them of our PPE and screening requirements.
- Our appointment reminder emails and our websites and other online business listings will clearly highlight this messaging as well.
ENHANCED SANITIZATION AND DISINFECTION PROCEDURES
- All surfaces in contact with patients are cleaned after use (e.g. reception counters, payment transaction machines, treatment tables, rehab equipment, chairs etc)
- Our clinics ONLY use Health Canada approved sanitization and disinfection products. These include:
- Cavicide Disinfectant DIN # 02161656
- Purell Professional Multi-Surface Disinfectant DIN # 02469529
- Clorox Healthcare Cleaner DIN # 02403528
- Clorox Clean-Up Disinfectant DIN # 02494000
- Cavi Wipes DIN # 02242209
- Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer DIN # 80072316
- Purell Instant Hand Sanitizing Foam DIN # 80002892
- Zytec Germ Buster Sanitizer DIN # 80015624
- Triton Hand Sanitizer DIN # 80097749
*note: due to the shortage of disinfecting supplies, we may substitute the above for other Health Canada approved products
- Our therapists clean hands (soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitizer) after each patient’s appointment
- We follow a prophylactic cleaning schedule where all commonly touched surfaces are disinfected regularly.
- Our staff avoid sharing equipment and tools (e.g. computers, phones, desks, treatment rooms)
- Strict cleaning/disinfecting protocols are in place for working shift changes