Why Cornerstone for massage therapy?
As a rehabilitation centre, our registered massage therapists (RMTs) primarily treat people who are looking for specific treatment. Our clients typically have an injury or areas of pain, muscle tension or spasm, so our treatments don’t just help you feel better, but actually help you get and stay better. Our massage therapists also work directly with our physiotherapists, ensuring communication about your problem with each other. You’ll benefit from our team approach, with a more precise and faster recovery process.
What is massage therapy?
Massage therapy is a hands-on treatment that involves manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body (muscle, skin and connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and membranes) to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort and muscle spasm. Massage therapy also promotes health and wellness. It improves the functioning of the circulatory, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems, and helps increase recovery from injury and illness.
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- Post injury and post operative rehabilitation
- Provides relief from pain
- Strengthens the immune system
- Relieves stress and promotes relaxation
- Reduces muscle spasms, tension, and stiffness
- Helps to relieve tension related headaches
- Enhances circulation and skin health
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation and posture
- Helps heal strained muscles and sprained ligaments
Massage Therapy Pricing
- 30 min $50 +hst
- 45 min $70 +hst
- 60 min $85 +hst
- 75 min $105 +hst
- 90 min $120 +hst
Is it covered by insurance?
Generally speaking, yes! Most extended health plans include Registered Massage Therapy as a covered benefit. Please check with your plan to ensure you’re aware of the details of your plan, including whether a doctor’s referral is necessary first. If your health claim is covered through Auto Insurance, you may also be eligible for massage therapy coverage.